Monday, August 13, 2012

Pinch me Mother!

I've long wanted to ask Margaret Cho to voice the character of Mother Lee, the mother of Kim. I thought it was a long shot, but I said, I really want her and I will ask. I wished and I prayed and then I reached out and it happened! She said yes! I have to say, Margaret Cho is the coolest ever. I reached out to her, and she immediately responded that she would love to be a part of the project. She is a big star and a series regular on Drop Dead Diva which shoots in Atlanta and is very busy, but she still made time for my little show. She won't be on all the episodes, but we got her for a few of the episodes, and I am grateful for that! When I saw her on July 18 at the recording studio, I was such a dork and really giddy to see her. Now I realize, that I can't do that anymore and must act like a professional!! No giggling! No pinching of my own arm! So lame, Lela! Anyway, we had another recording session on August 8th and I was much more composed. Did I also mention she is nominated for an Emmy? Yes, she is! She is uber-talented and funny and is nominated for her portrayal of Kim Jong Il on 30 Rock. How cool is that? I feel so luck to have her be a part of the show. *Sigh* I pinch my arm. =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment