Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Me and MATT GROENING @Comic Con!

Here I am, with my cartoonist hero and idol, MATT GROENING! If you can't tell by my big smile, I look up to him immensely and think he's so awesome.  I have met him before, about 12 years ago when I was first setting out to be a cartoonist... I ran into him on the FOX lot, but I felt like an amateur and was a complete nervous wreck. Well I guess 12 years have given me the industry know-how to be professional enough to not lose my cool this time.  And now, we are now with the same publisher, Abrams Comic Arts. Thankfully, the Abrams photographer was there to snap a picture, so now I have proof that I know him! I hope to emulate his career and am so amazed that he took the time to see me on Saturday at my "Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls" book signing! 

2 comments:

  1. I have recently discovered your comics and I'm glad I did! After reading a couple of them on the internet, I decided it was time to get the book! So now, I am proud to say that I own one of your comic books! :) I am saving up to get the other books and I just can't wait! You are an incredible writer--talented, funny, and creative. You are fabulous, and I hope that one day, I will have the chance to meet you, and get an autograph! :) Keep up the good work
    ~Didi

    ReplyDelete