Friday, May 20, 2011

5/20/11...this week's annoyance

This week's annoyance is...my brain! So I have a tendency to be negative. Um, does this surprise anyone?  I sometimes wake up thinking the day is going to be a fight. Or that it will be a struggle. But my life is really not that bad. I mean, I'm so grateful to have clean, running water and a fridge that keeps my food cold! I just wake up grumpy, or if I'm not grumpy, I find something to be grumpy about. Can't I just be optimistic from the start? I think because I am a child of a mean, cranky, penny-pinching Korean mom, I am wired to be negative. So I will have to work at changing my mentality. So today, I decided I was not going to focus on anything negative, and instead, focus on the positive. And when a negative thought creeps into my head, I'm going to change it to a good one. I'm going to try this over the weekend and I'll let you know how it goes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment