Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the end of the year...

It's the season again. I did my share of shopping and getting the house decorated for the holidays. But during the end of the year, I also look forward to the cleaning out the old stuff. It's Christmas and it'll also be the new year, and I always like to clean my house, computer and file cabinet of old unneeded stuff for a fresh, new start. Being that most Asians follow the Chinese calendar and some of it's traditions, it's considered bad luck to have holes in socks, underwear and a dirty house to begin the new year. So this morning, I'm  going through my files. I've got my shredder out for all the out-dated papers. I have to say, it feels so good to clean that stuff out. I'll also replace the things that have worn out. Like my socks and underwear and my favorite ALG bag. I'll buy new socks and wrap them to give to myself--I guess that doesn't really count as a Christmas present because that would be considered a necessity, but I like to be silly like that. What I really enjoy for Christmas under all these decorations and presents for sale, I like to have the stuff I need (and want) and a clean house ready for the new year! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment