Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Holidays Contest Winner Carlie Drooff!

Carlie Drooff, you're the winner! Reading your entry made me happy!
12/12/2009 12:56 PM
The truth about the holidays is that thinking about other people is the best way to shop. Think about what other people need or want. Think about what they like/love. Think about who they are and sum it up in a gift. Buying them something generic, like an iTunes gift card doesn't show how you think of them. Buying them something special, like even just some nail polish in their fave color that you caught them looking at in the mall the other week, will make them truly happy. I have to say, that is what makes me truly happy during the holidays too.
My friend got me the "Angry Little Girls book on friendship" for my birthday. That was true thought, and now I carry it around with me. It's great to look at and have a laugh sometimes.
The other best thing about the holidays is that even though everyone knows there's no Santa, everyone always plays along with it in good spirit, just for the kids. That's devotion.
The holidays are also about being around people you don't hate or who don't annoy you too much. Everyone gets along (sort of) just for the sake of the holiday, and God knows everyone loves presents, and that keeps you from being too annoyed at your family.
Even just being around people you don't see a heck of a lot really makes a difference in your holiday. I love exchanging presents with the people I don't see a lot, knowing they were thinking about me no matter where they were.
To me, that is the true meaning of Christmas.
The Grinch who stole Christmas was better without Jim Carrey. But even creepy Jim Carrey could feel the holiday spirit as the Grinch and the warmth and love and (to me) weird cinnamon feeling. It's the time to not be such an Angry Little Girl, and get presents and say thanks, even if you hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment