Sunday, August 16, 2009

waiting for "them" to get it.

I had another TV production meeting. And this time, to not waste time in development hell trying to execute my vision, I sent a 3 minute animated piece of how I want the show to be formatted to the production folks before the meeting happened. They were lukewarm and didn't quite get it. It seems like the folks at FOX also didn't "get it." Nor did Oxygen. (yeah, it's been a long fruitless road in TVland) So truth be told, I'm feeling like a misunderstood artist with a great idea that is so different-it scares interested parties off. So then I read this in my numerology forecast "Trust yourself instead of blindly hoping someone else will come through for you." I realized that I have been through this before. It happened with getting published. All the publishers on earth just about passed, except one-the one I am still with today. The one who is happily selling 4th, 5th, 6th and so on editions of my 3 books. So I must keep the faith and tell myself, "it only takes one." But maybe there is no one. And maybe that one is me. I'm tired of waiting for others to come through for me. So maybe I need to come through for me. Hmmm...I'm going to think on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment