Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hot and Cold Friend

I realized this weekend that I scare people. When I meet someone and I want to be their friend, I come on too strong. If they say they want to do something, I book it at that moment. It scares them and then they never call me. It's just because I have a 1.5 yr old and having a social life is difficult. So if I have time to do something, I do it. If I'm asked and I can go, I go that moment because it may be weeks before I can go out again. If someone emails me and I'm in front of the computer, I email them immediately and that freaks people out! But then if I am busy and don't email or call back within the cool-waiting time of 24-36 hours, then we never meet up because they are offended that I took too long. I hate these games of being cool. I'm too old and busy for this. Oh well. Whatever. I'll just continue to be a weird hot-and-cold friendly but busy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment