Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas trees

Christmas trees are a funny thing for me. I feel bad buying a live tree, the cheapside of me doesn't want to spend the money when I could get a plastic one that I can reuse each year. But then, I don't like plastic trees because who has the space to store one? And then I don't want the tree to take up too much space when it is out for the holidays. But I do want to have some festive decor though for Christmas, so I came up with an idea. I'd buy a huge bolt of green felt fabric and cut it into the shape of a big long triangle and hang it up on my wall. Then I could velcro on ornaments. It would take up less space, I'd not have killed a tree, and I didn't use plastic. When I'm done, I can just roll it up and it stores away compactly. I found a big 8ft green bolt of felt on ebay, but alas it has not come. And it's Dec 21 already. So I guess it's no tree for me. But on the bright side, I have a head start on next year. Oh well. Enjoy your trees-whichever kind you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment